Prepaid (or "Purchase") Plans are a tool to entice customer loyalty by pre-paying for product purchases from your website. Prepaid Plans allow you to bundle product price incentives to volume quantities. For example, a bundle of 100 4x6 prints could be offered at a price of $17.00 – effectively the same as $0.17 each assuming that 100 prints are eventually ordered. The print credits are deducted from the user account as customer orders are placed.
NOTE: These are called Purchase Plans in the Lab 50 setup, but appear on the PF sites in the header as Prepaid Plans.
To setup a new purchase plan within LAB 50, please follow these steps:
- Access Store Management > Product Catalog and click on the New button.
- For the product type, select Purchase Plan and enter a name and description for the purchase plan as you would like them to appear on your website.
- Lab 50 will then open to the editing options for purchase plans. The General tab provides the following options:
- Name: Enter the name of the purchase plan.
- Description: Description of the purchase plan as presented to customers on your website.
- Product: Choose from products defined in the product catalog (4x6, 5x7, cards, etc).
- Product Price: Price at which to offer the product associated with the plan.
- Quantity: Total number of units included in plan (100 4x6s = 100). The discount is calculated automatically based on plan price versus regular price.
- Allow customers to purchase: Allow customers to purchase the plan. If this option is not selected, the plan will not be available online.
- Enabled: Check to enable usage of this Purchase Plan. If the plan is not enabled, it will not be available online.